The Contractor must provide the following Services:
- Familiarize themselves with key program components of A360’s MMA program in Northern Nigeria through review of key program documents.
- Review recent literature that specifically address the issue of gender and inclusion as well as AYSRH in Northern Nigeria, with a view to abstracting a set of key principles, lessons and practices that are relevant to the implementation of A360’s MMA program in Northern Nigeria. This literature review will inform the tool design and focus of the assessment.
- In collaboration with SFH and A360 teams, plan and facilitate a gender assessment of A360’s MMA program
- Develop a workplan laying out key elements and timeline for the assessment – including procedures for thematic analysis of data
- Based on results from literature review, develop FGD and KIII discussion tools, validated as necessary A360/SFH/beneficiaries
- Work with PSI and SFH to plan field trip for data collection and secure necessary approvals (including internal PSI IRB approval)
- Conduct a field trip to key A360 MMA sites within the Kaduna and Nassarawa states with SFH personnel to conduct focus group discussions and key informant interviews. Consultant will be expected to lead the thematic analysis of data based on notes and recollections from each day of data collection.
- Immediately following data collection period, conduct workshop with SFH staff to disseminate and validate preliminary findings as well as to build capacity in critical examination of gender norms and dynamics as it relates to A360’s program implementation.
- Based on findings from the above-mentioned literature review and field trip for data collection, prepare a draft report which includes findings and recommendations from thematic analysis.
- Submit a final report and slide deck.