Associate Program Manager
Based in Washington, DC area (preferred)
10-25% international travel
Work From Almost Anywhere Status = eligible
Reports to Sr. Program Manager
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The global operations department is home to some of PSI’s most innovative programming, including cutting edge digital health work and social enterprise. The Global Operations program management team supports excellence in program management across a diverse portfolio of programs spanning Central America and Asia. While portfolios are subject to vary, the APM will initially support programs in Central America and Pakistan, working closely with the program management team, departments across PSI headquarters, and field teams to deliver on financial and programmatic goals. We’re a small but mighty team who enjoy working together, delivering with excellence, and removing roadblocks for our colleagues in the field.
PSI seeks an Associate Program Manager that will Support PSI's operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging operational and project management support to an assigned portfolio of network members, countries, or projects. Work with network member/country project teams, global technical and service departments, and strategic partners to ensure program/project objectives are met and follow donor requirements. Manage the programmatic and financial health of a moderate complexity portfolio of one or more network members and project(s), or components of a network member/country project portfolio.
- Provide significant financial management support to department and network member/country project teams, including preparation and tracking of project and team budgets, financial analysis, and budget realignments. 40% of the Time
- Monitor and ensure smooth operational and programmatic execution of a portfolio of projects or network members/countries, including monitoring of agreement modifications, workplans and deliverables, donor reporting, and subaward management in coordination with immediate team members, network member/country project team members, and global technical and service department. 30% of the Time
- Provide routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio. 10% of the Time
- Provide support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, administration of online communications site(s), and development of communications materials. 10% of the Time
- Assist with new business development opportunities, including cost proposal development. 10% of the Time
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
References will be required. The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check. For domestic positions: Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate to provide a hazard free employment and work environment in our commitment to our employees. Candidates offered a position will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date and their employment will be contingent on this. Candidates needing a medical or religious accommodation should let their recruiter know.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.