Click column header to sort
Awards and Compliance Officer, French Speaker
Based in Washington DC, United States (Remote Eligible)
Up to 10% international travel
Reports to Senior Grants & Contracts Manager
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40+ countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Grants & Contracts Department oversees establishment of organizational award compliance requirements, award negotiation, and compliance training for PSI’s donor/client-funded projects. We are responsible for helping our Network Members and project management staff navigate the complexities of donor/client requirements and the terms and conditions of their awards. We approach award compliance holistically – ensuring the correlation between programmatic, financial, and donor/client requirements.
PSI seeks an Awards and Compliance Officer to help us provide compliance guidance, together with the support of the Senior G&C Manager, to PSI’s Africa Region in the following areas:
- Preaward proposal development compliance support;
- Review and negotiation of prime awards and subagreements;
- Donor/client regulatory compliance guidance;
- Contribution to development of compliance guidance documents reinforcing donor/client requirements, reflecting best practices and award monitoring tools and templates;
- Oversight of prime award approval requirements and subrecipient assessment and monitoring best practices;
- Translation of compliance tools into French and facilitation of comprehension of requirements for Network Member staff as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Awards and Compliance Officer position will bring enthusiasm and a desire to reinforce excellent award compliance and programmatic delivery of PSI’s programs.
Sound like you? Read on!
Job title: Compliance Officer
Department: Impact Malaria
Based in Washington DC
Reports to the Contracts and Compliance Manager
International Travel: up to 10%
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), a leading global health organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The US Presidents Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria project is PMI’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria diagnosis and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. PMI Impact Malaria is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor.
PMI Impact Malaria works with national malaria control programs to help tackle these challenges by:
- Closing the gaps in malaria service delivery to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest manner.
- Unlocking the potential of key drug-based approaches, by helping countries to introduce, implement, and scale-up proven innovations to move countries forward in their elimination efforts, according to each country’s unique malaria situation.
- Strengthening malaria health systems and the use of data for decision-making to link operational research and country-led dialogue with global technical leadership for the means of accelerating service delivery improvements and advancing key learnings.
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) team is a results-focused, multi-disciplined and multi-cultured team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI and UCSF.
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) project under Population Services International (PSI) seeks a Compliance Officer to support a multi-country, multi-million-dollar USAID malaria service delivery program to support service delivery across public, private and community channels, and shape the future of malaria case management in at least 17 countries.
Sound like you? Read on.
Title: Senior Grants & Contracts Manager
Department: Grants & Contracts
Location: Washington, D.C. (open to remote location)
Reports to: Director Grants & Contracts
Travel: Up to 20 % international travel
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI’s Grants & Contracts Department oversees award compliance for PSI’s donor/client-funded projects, award negotiation, and compliance training. We are responsible for helping staff navigate regulatory complexities and the terms and conditions of their awards. We approach grants and contracts compliance holistically – ensuring the correlation between programmatic, financial, and donor/client requirements. Our aim is to work towards collaborative compliance solutions with PSI’s Global Network Members (NM), Global Operations, Legal Services, Global Fundraising, Finance and Procurement departments. The Grants & Contracts Department aims to provide compliance support across the organization. Each project is different, and that is how we approach award compliance administration – a tailored compliance approach for each award.
We are looking for a Senior Grants and Contracts Manager to provide cradle to grave award compliance guidance and support for a diverse portfolio of PSI projects. This position reports to the Director, Grants & Contracts and will focus on guiding Network Member, project management, and technical staff to ensure their understanding of the terms and conditions of their awards. The Senior G&C Manager will use their expertise in donor/client compliance to provide advice to ensure that projects are delivered with minimized compliance risk, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Review prime awards issued to PSI postaward and subagreements issued thereunder;
- Assist with negotiation for prime and subagreements during more complex negotiations;
- Serve as subject matter expert, providing guidance on award management during implementation to ensure compliance with donor/client requirements, working directly with project management staff and other grants and contracts compliance staff charging directly to PSI’s projects.
- Ensure that staff understand prime award prior approval requirements and follow up to ensure that they are met.
- Contribute to development of G&C’s department operations and compliance guidance documents as requested, reinforcing donor/client requirements, reflecting best practices and award monitoring tools and templates.
- Translate compliance tools into French, as requested, and facilitate comprehension of requirements for NM staff, as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Manager, Grants & Contracts position will bring enthusiasm and a desire to reinforce excellent award compliance and programmatic delivery of PSI’s programs.
Sound like you? Read on.